[SI-LIST] Re: FW: IBIS modelling in PSpice

  • From: Kamran Azizi <azizi_kamran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:07:20 -0800 (PST)

Raj Raghuram <raj.raghuram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  At the risk of confusing things, I should point out that the Berkeley
SPICE B-element and the HSPICE B_element are completely different. The
Berkeley SPICE B-element is the arbitrary controlled source where a
current/voltage can be any arbitrary function of other
voltages/currents.
The HSPICE B-element is specifically designed to simulate buffers
described by IBIS models.

While, in principle, the Berkeley SPICE B-element can be used to model
IBIS buffers the exercise requires some effort.

Warm Regards,

--
Raj Raghuram
Berkeley Design Automation (http://www.berkeley-da.com)