[SI-LIST] FW: [IBIS] About Fork in The Package Model

  • From: "Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[SI-LIST]'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 13:07:51 -0700

Please allow me to clarify my reference to fork/endfork in a package model:

In the PKG format, the endpoints of the package model (pad and pin) are
always pre-defined as the two ends of the interconnect.  Thus fork/endfork
structures are used to describe a stub.  (As Weston said, the original use
was to describe plating bars.)  Fork/endfork never describes a branch to a
second pad or pin.

According to the IBIS 4.2 spec:
|               Subparameters:
|
|               The Len, L, R, and C subparameters specify the length,
|               inductance, capacitance and resistance of each section of
each
|               stub on a package.
|
|               The Fork and Endfork subparameters are used to denote
branches
|               from the main package stub.

- Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412