[SI-LIST] Re: FW: Copper interface cable proposal

  • From: david_instone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Instone)
  • To: jaydiep@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:03:02 +0100

Thanks Jan, However all the parts and modules are still listed in Teks
2001 Catalog, and I've had no such warnings given to me.  In fact I have
just recd a cal due notice from Tek for my equipment and it makes no
mention that these are going out of production.   Due to the VERY large
installed base of 11801's and 803's I personally find it
incomprehensible that Tek should wish to even suggest that they wish to
stop supporting this equipment.  Anyone from Tek care to comment?

Dave

Jay Diepenbrock wrote:
hanlimitations.  Be aware that the 11801/CSA803 and accompanying
plug-ins
> including the SD-24, etc. have all been discontinued.  Their service life
> may also be limited due to dwindling availability of parts.  We have some
> of these 'scopes and heads, and we keep getting warnings from Tektronix
> about how they don't know how long they'll be able to fix them.  They are
> available on the used market, but the SD-24s in particular are getting hard
> to find and very expensive.  So, if you plan to keep it for a long time,
> you might be better off with the CSA8000 or the similar box from Agilent
> which are both current products.
>
> Good luck in your search.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jay Diepenbrock
>
> Senior Engineer
> Interconnect Technology & Qualification
> IBM Global Procurement, B8UA/061, RTP, NC
> Phone:  919-543-8804   Fax: 919-543-3642
> Email:  jaydiep@xxxxxxxxxx

Regards

Dave Instone. Compliance Engineer
 Storage Systems Development, MP24/22
 Xyratex, Langstone Rd., Havant, Hampshire, P09 1SA, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496862 (direct line)
Fax: +44 (0)23-92-496014
http://www.xyratex.com  Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496000