[SI-LIST] Re: Eye diagram measurement - And leaves your teeth Shiny White Too!

  • From: "Hargin, Bill" <bill_hargin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:53:52 -0700

Hi Scott:

> Oooh, oooh , and to follow on after Tom, how those sorts of custom=20
> measurements would integrate with the current and future board level=20
> SI and timing tools!

Gary's probably wanting me to respond here, from a HyperLynx standpoint.
(I saw question on the thread a week ago.)  You, or possibly others, may
be wondering whether a significant chunk of the market (e.g., ICX +
HyperLynx =3D A significant chunk of the SI tools market) will be
supporting AMS modeling.

It is our intention with HyperLynx to support AMS modeling.  The
question is: When?  The answer is: maybe this year; we're not 100% sure.
When I have an answer, I'll post the decision to the list.  Our goal is
to support ...

1. Whatever results in the most models being available (to you guys).
2. Something we can feasibly support in the product.
   (ICX already has this capability, so we have the technology.)

Once HyperLynx and ICX support the same approach, that would cover over
half of the board-level SI market.

Bill Hargin
Product Manager - HyperLynx
Mentor Graphics Corp.