[SI-LIST] Re: Extract/Convert Lumped Spice model to T-line model

  • From: "Pillie, Max" <max_pillie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'hassan@xxxxxxxx'" <hassan@xxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:53:30 -0800

YK Gian,

You can model the connector as coupled transmission lines in LineSim using the
"Coupled Stackup" method.

If you have HSPICE installed on the same computer and you have the LineSim GHZ
option, you can assign the HSPICE connector model to nodes in your LineSim
schematic, launch the HSPICE simulation from LineSim's oscilloscope dialog, and
observe the results of the HSPICE simulation on the oscilloscope waveform
viewer.

The quickest way to get up to speed on these methods is to refer to the
HyperLynx demo/tutorial program.  Contact me directly and I can help.

Max Pillie
Mentor Technical Support
Support_hyperlynx@xxxxxxxxxx