[SI-LIST] Re: Even mode, common mode, and mode conversion

  • From: Vijay Varadarajan <Vijay.Varadarajan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:43:48 -0700

Sainath,
 When this concept of modes is confusing enough, you come to the point of
TEM, TE and TM modes. more modes. well from wat I have read
1. TEM waves can exist only when there are 2 or more conductors - no field
components in the direction of propagation
2 TE/TM waves exist when there is only a closed conductor say a waveguide.
Actually am just coming to know all this as I am studyin these in my class -
Microwave Circuit DEsign. I suggest that you read Microwave Engineering -
David Pozar.
Hope this was of some help.
-VJ

List archives are viewable at: