[SI-LIST] Re: Even mode, common mode, and mode conversion

  • From: "Ken Cantrell" <Ken.Cantrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:29:21 -0700

Eric, et. al.,
The part that confuses me is when you have microstriped differential.  In
microstrip, the even and odd mode impedences exist due to the difference in
permittivities, regardless of how the lines are driven (is this correct?),
even always greater than odd.  Then how are the equations modified for
common vs differential driving of the microstrips?
Ken