[SI-LIST] Re: Estimate ISI with S parameters -- Using TDR to do SDD21 correlation?

  • From: "Gary Otonari" <garyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <John@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:58:27 -0700

Hello John,
Just representing our partner, Agilent.

ADS allows you to interface directly to VNA instrumentation and use
S-parameter data as a model.  The data processing capability includes many
built in data patterns, as well as the ability to interface directly to
instrumentation for data generation, or correlation to measured BER. ISI can
be evaluated with Eye diagrams, Jitter, BER, etc.

They have some new SI Product literature:

http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5988-5405EN.pdf

Here is an App. Note on integrating BER simulation with Agilent data
generation and BER measurement tools.  The application is RF communications,
but the capability is extensible to any high speed data channel

http://literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5989-0024EN.pdf

-- Gary