[SI-LIST] Re: Estimate ISI with S parameters -- Using TDR to do SDD21 correlation?

  • From: Chris Cheng <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:40:31 -0700

My interest is the entire channel response with interconnect, connectors and
vias etc etc (at least from source chip pin to receiver chip pin) and not
just a pair of differential traces. Otherwise, a simple differential TDR
should be fine, no need for fancy S parameters. With that in mind, there is
no vertical symmetry.