[SI-LIST] Re: Estimate ISI with S parameters -- Using TDR to do SDD21 correlation?

  • From: "lgreen" <lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:14:30 -0700

Hi, Chris,

If you transform into differential, you lose the (important) common mode
information.

If you are planning on using the extracted S-parameters in a commercial SI
tool, you might want to leave them in standard Touchstone format.  A number
of companies already support Touchstone, even if they do not yet support the
full IBIS ICM spec.

Some tools can correct for passivity/causality (various approaches).  But
you might want to at least check this yourself, since it can help catch data
problems.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412