[SI-LIST] Re: Estimate ISI with S parameters?

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:20:58 -0400

John
If you have HSPICE available, you can set up a circuit with s-parameter
modeling to measure any pattern dependent ISI that you want.

scott

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed? is the registered service mark of

John Lin (ªL´Â·×) wrote:

>Hi Steve,
>
>Thanks for your helps.
>
>>From other response, it looks like, I need to transfer channel's S =
>parameters into time domain
> and do pulse repsonse to see how the curve at the falling edge =
>penetrates to the period=20
>Of a next signal.
>
>In your mail, ISI is relative to attenuation,SDD21.
>
>I read SAS/SATA spec. There is a ISI compliant curve shown on a SDD21 =
>chart.=20
>The ISI curve is steeper than SDD21 compliant curve.=20
>
>How to generate a ISI curve at the frequency domain by simulation to =
>check if meet the requirement.?
>
>Thanks,
>John

List FAQ wiki page is located at: