[SI-LIST] Error analysis

  • From: "package_char" <emc_gibney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:09:23 -0000

Hello,

I have a question regarding quantifying the error between measured s-
parameters and s-parameters obtained using an EM simulator. In some
publications by visually inspecting plots you get a 'good agreement
between measured and calcuated' but this doesnt provide any error
quantity.

Is taking the percentage error between the measured and modeled s-
parameters sufficent (or even meaningful)?  I have seen in
application notes provided by EM vendors that it is more desirable to
compare the accuracy of the simulation by calculating the difference
in impedance or velocity of propagation as opposed to to calculating
the percentage difference in s-parameters.

Any suggestions

Regards,
Eoin Mc Gibney
Cork Institute of Technology