[SI-LIST] Emission level vary for same type of SATA cables but different vendors

  • From: Kunal Sabavat <kunal.pisi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:46:01 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

  I am seeing different levels of EMI measured values from lab for same type of
SATA cables but from two different vendors. One of the vendors cable shows much
higher EMI values compared with another vendor cable. measurement setup is same
for two vendors cables. I still don't have full measurement report. these are
SATA internal cables, length of the cable is half meter.

  Can someone explain what could be wrong with the cable showing higher EMI
level? Taking cable TDR Impedance scan will help us understand?

  --
  Kunal

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net