[SI-LIST] Re: Effects of ferrite beads on AC decoupling analysis

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:07:13 -0800

Cuong, yes they do, and that can be good or bad depending on the
circumstances.

There are many different beads out there, but choosing one is not that
difficult if you:

* Understand your S21, and Z11 requirements.
* Understand how to evaluate bead specifications.

You can download my DesignCon 2011 paper from my web-site.

Steve.
On 11/20/2012 10:47 AM, Cuong Nguyen wrote:
> Experts,
>

> It seems to me that (at least in theory) the ferrite beads that one use
> after the power supply pins can alter the PDN impedance curve.
>

> Is this really a point for concern?  Did anyone see any significant impacts
> from using different type of beads on the PDN impedance?
>
> Or, don't worry about this?
>

> Your thoughts?
>

> === === === === === ===
>
> Cuong Nguyen
>
> Field Application Engineer

> List forum  is accessible at:
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
150 N. Center St. #211
Reno, NV  89501
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: