[SI-LIST] Re: Effective Radius of Decoupling Capacitor

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 06:57:46 -0700

Jonathan:

For what it is worth (not much) the equation is not quite complete:

radius = 1/(200 * 2pi * Fsrf)

should be:

radius = propagation velocity / (200 * 2 pi * Fsrf)

or

radius = c/(eR)^0.5 / (200 * 2 pi * Fsrf )

Fsrf is in Hz

200 and 2 pi are dimensionless.

Honestly, I don't know why anyone would want to use this formula to make any
decisions.

Steve.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: