[SI-LIST] Effective Radius of Decoupling Capacitor

  • From: Jack Si <sij99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 00:52:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi experts,
I read from an application note that the effective radius of the capacitance if
0.005*lamda. lamda is the actual wavelength of the capacitor's resonance
frequency.i.e, 2pi*vp*sqrt(LC). where vp is the propagation velocity. From this
equation, i infer that the inductance(ESL) and capacitance are directly
proportional in square root. i.e, radius increase with the increase of ESL or
C.

But in paper "Effective Decoupling Radius of Decoupling Capacitor" i found it
is inversely proportional. Please suggest me where i miss the way.

Thanks and Regards,

Jack

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: