[SI-LIST] Re: Effect of PCB trace cross-section on SI

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paniraj_g@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:33:24 -0700

That sounds like a homework question.  You can answer it by determining
what properties would you expect to change by changing the cross-section
shape.  Then determine whether those property changes will impact your SI.

Steve.
Paniraj G. wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>

> I am relatively new to PCBs and SI. I have a small query on the PCB trace
> shapes.
>
> Currently the PCB trace cross-sections are rectangular (may not be exact due
> to process constraints).
>
> If the cross-section happens to be circular, what affect it will have on the
> SI( any Pros and Cons).
>

> Regards,
>
> Paniraj G
>

> DISCLAIMER:
> This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
> privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and
> defects. MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible for
> any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from
> within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake
> please notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your
> system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in
> part is strictly prohibited.Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
> change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or
> incomplete transmission.
> E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for
> viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in
> place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any
> viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within
> MindTree or outside.

> List technical documents are available at:
>                 http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at:

Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882

California office
(408) 884-3985 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: