[SI-LIST] Early history of signal measurements and EMC

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:16:15 -0700

Hi All,

I am gradually interviewing people who played a role in the formative
stages of our industry. These interviews are posted as podcasts to
help newcomers obtain a sense of where we have been and for us older
folks to refresh our memories. Along this line, I have just posted a
13 minute podcast on the early days in the 50s and 60s of signal
measurements as well as EMC with Michael King. He contrasts those days
with the current state of our field. The discussion is very interesting.

The files are posted as the July 14 episode at:

http://emcesd-podcast.com

The direct links to the files are:

http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/july/2006-0714.mp3

http://emcesd-podcast.com/2006/july/2006-0714.dcs
same file but ending in .dcs for those who cannot access mp3 files.
Just change .dcs to .mp3 after downloading.

I have also posted a new "Doug Unplugged" informal podcast dated July
16 to my "Doug Unplugged" page:

http://emcesd-podcast.com/unplugged/index.htm

The direct links are:

http://emcesd-podcast.com/unplugged/2006/July/2006-0716up.mp3

http://emcesd-podcast.com/unplugged/2006/July/2006-0716up.dcs

This program discusses life without an IT department (home computers
or self-employed) and how to help keep computers safe.

If you would like me to interview you over the telephone for a podcast
like the King podcast above, just send me an email. I think it is a
good idea to get our technical history recorded before the people who
lived in the early days of our industry retire.

Doug

     ___          _       Doug Smith
      \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
       =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: