[SI-LIST] Re: EYE diagram mode in HSPICE

  • From: Patrick_Carrier@xxxxxxxx
  • To: whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:03:34 -0500

Bob--
The HSpice manual tells you how to do this if you just do a search for "eye
diagram."
Basically what you will be doing is changing your time base (or X-axis) to
be a waveform that repeatedly goes from 0 to 1ns, 0 to 1ns, etc. if 1ns is
your bit cell width.  Normally, the time base just goes from 0 to however
long your simulation is run.  You can create a new time base by setting up a
parameter that goes from 0 to your bit cell width (usually your period) and
back to zero again.  I think the parameter the HSpice manual tell you to set
up is 'TIME2.'
The way to change your time base in Avanwaves is to select your oscillating
waveform, whether it is the parameter TIME2 or whatever, and APPLY it (by
clicking Apply) as the Current X-axis, which is TIME by default.
The result is a waveform which, instead of varying with a constantly
increasing time, varies with a repeating time, like on an oscilloscope.
In order to see the eye best you may need to adjust the phase, which is also
accounted for in the short tutorial in the HSpice manual.

--Pat