[SI-LIST] Re: ESR too low?

  • From: "Calvo, Oscar A (FL51)" <Oscar.A.Calvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: electronbob2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, matusov@xxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:58:08 -0700

I just attended a TI Web-seminar in where they talked about their new line
of PTH power modules which include a new feature that they call Turbo Trans.
Turbo Trans allows the user to custom tune the module to meet a specific
transient load requirement. Tuning is accomplished with a single external
resistor. They claim that by using TurboTrans one can achieve a reduction in
bulk output capacitance which leads to an increase in ESR.

Has anyone had any experience using this feature?

The link below has more information.

http://www.ti.com/corp/docs/landing/t2/index.htm