[SI-LIST] Re: EMC Test Engineer Opening at Broadcom

  • From: A <acgalletta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mohammad Tabatabai <mohammadt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:24:59 -0800

Hi Mohammad,
One thing that troubles me is... If the scope of the job is beyond the post
and really needs a PhD then why is the minimum requirement for a BS?

I highly doubt you need a PhD. They're better off in project management and
overseeing chip tapeout,  but for testing, I think a BS EE or Physics can
suffice.

Sorry, but I feel your PhDs are underutilized. Let's not devalue PhDs. Let's
also give more respect to graduates w/ a BSEE. Afterall, a degree in EE is
HARD work.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Mohammad Tabatabai
<mohammadt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Dear Charles,
>
> Believe it or not we have 5 PhDs in similar capacities performing test
> functions. The scope of the job goes beyond what
> I posted and requires a lot more analysis than just test-taking. If you
> paid attention I also mentioned that the minimum
> required for the job is a BSEE or BS in Physics.
>
> Mohammad

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: