[SI-LIST] EBD model support

  • From: Hermann Ruckerbauer <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:39:25 +0200

Hello Experts,

I would need to decide on model format for a package model. Therefore I
would need some overview on support from the different simulators.
It's regarding S-Parameter vs. EBD model.

My personal preference is clearly S-Parameter due to accuracy (Coupling
and frequency dependence).
My guess is that all simluators "talk" S-Parameters.
==> Does anybody know a simulator that doesn't ?

On EBD models I'm not sure on simulator support. I know that HyperLynx
is able to generate EBD models out of a package substrate Layout, so I
guess HyperLynx can also use this model for simulation.
I think even when supporting IBIS 4.x it is not sure that the simulators
support all Features of the corresponding IBIS definition.
==> I would appreciate any response mentioning the support of EBD models
in different simulators!

Thanks and regards

Hermann

EKH - EyeKnowHow