[SI-LIST] Re: Drivers ?

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:24:35 -0700

I should note here that this caution is appropriate for traditional IBIS
models -- 3.2/4.0 and earlier, in particular -- where the author is
limited to I-V and V-t tables plus C_comp.   Different tools are known
to arrive at different, usually pessimistic, SSN estimates due to the
lack of explicit power and/or ground path current flow information.

However, IBIS 4.1 & 4.2 provide the means to express the power, ground
and I/O relationships explicitly using Verilog-A, Verilog-AMS, VHDL-AMS,
analog-only VHDL-AMS or Berkeley SPICE code within IBIS models.

In addition, a change, pending for IBIS 5.0, has already been approved
to model supply impedance and current flows explicitly using table data.
This update is called "BIRD95."

You can read about this and other pending improvements in these areas on
the IBIS websites.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.=20
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum