[SI-LIST] Re: Driver Output Impedance am I doing this correctly?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dennis Han" <Dennis.Han@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ericsilist@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:36:14 -0800

Dennis, well for a perfect Tx line and no load, each method better return
identical results, or there is something that we haven't accounted for.  As
far as adjusting the line to the driver, I can see such a technique if we
are talking about tweaking out 10-20% to obviate the resistors.  Otherwise,
I would be cautious about the side effects.  As much as the extra resistors
can be a nuisance, adjusting the line |Z| to match some low |Z| driver like
20 ohms can make for big traces and a lot of power dissipation.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: