[SI-LIST] Re: Does anyone know how to convert IBIS version 3.2 to version 1.1?

  • From: "Mirmak, Michael" <michael.mirmak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Linda Zhang" <lindazhang_si@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:15:37 -0800

Linda,

Unfortunately, IBIS 1.1 assumes that the [Ramp] load is 50 ohms (the
R_load parameter was added after 1.1).  As a result, you would have to
scale your [Ramp] data to be appropriate to a 50 ohm load.  Correlation
of the new model to the IBIS 3.2 data or, better yet, the original
circuit design or lab measurements, would be a must to ensure the model
reflects reality after so many changes.

At this stage, I would concur with Lynne Green and suggest contacting
your tool's technical team about support for more advanced IBIS
versions.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum