[SI-LIST] Re: Displaying eye pattern in an oscilloscope?

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:03:12 -0700

Let's go off the original topic and talk eye diagram on DDR.

That's an oxymoron by itself. With a single edge strobe, I claim no one knows
when did the data get latch (vref+(noise margin),vref-(noise margin) and
anything in between).

That said, any half decent BIOS software guy can turn off refresh cycle and
write some code to hit 16 address blocks (for 4 bit burst) and 256 address
blocks (for 8 bit burst) in non-interleave mode within a particular DIMM.

If you don't have a BIOS guy, sorry, can't help there.