[SI-LIST] Re: Digital F-mux

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Palmer <dpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 15:23:48 -0800

David, the multiplexing isn't the hard part.  The hard part is finding a
way to separate the two signal bands without creating a discontinuity in
the channel impedance. If you can make your own silicon it seems that
could be done.  I don't have any good suggestions on how to do that with
any existing FPGA at appreciable line rates.

I think that your life will work out much better if you steal a small
amount of bandwidth higher up in the protocol stack than if you try to
get tricky with the physical layer.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir