[SI-LIST] Re: Differential via optimization

  • From: "Antonis Orphanou" <orphanou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "emcesd@xxxxxxx" <emcesd@xxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:46:12 +0000

Hello Tesla,
In optimizing a via both Z11 and Z12  are parameters you need to consider;
their values are inter-related and are a function of your optimizing parameters.

If Z12 is high then you need a lot of clearance on the antipad. Parameters like
the distance between p&n, their respective distance to the ground and the
anti-pad size are variables than can optimize a line. Fix two and vary the
third and you will get a different solution for the via geometry.

Thx
Antonis.