[SI-LIST] Re: Differential signals - skew - and EMC

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx
  • To: scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 11:35:49 -0800

Hi Scott,
Eric's reference was to PCB traces, particularly Microstrip traces.
Connectors are always the key cause of common currents.

Regards
Ravinder Ajmani
HGST, a Western Digital Company
5601 Great Oaks Pkwy
San Jose, CA 95119-1003
ravinder.ajmani@xxxxxxxx

Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/04/2013 11:14 AM
Please respond to
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxx
cc
"si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
[SI-LIST] Re: Differential signals - skew - and EMC

I have yet to see a trace to connector to cable interface that does not
have what is effectively a 3D slot.

http://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/test-voices/4420453/Not-all-common-curr