[SI-LIST] Re: Differential microstrip with coplanar ground traces

  • From: "Rohit Mittal" <rmittal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:32:27 -0700

A friend of mine had mentioned that for speeds less than ,say 7G, the
microstrip and CPWG have equally good characteristics but since CPWG is more
difficult to design (similar to what people have mentioned on this thread),
people prefer microstrip

However at 10G and above, he mentioned that a lot of the fields might escape
into the air. Hence a CPWG is better because it captures those fields as
well. I am not sure about this. Does it mean that CPWG has less loss than
microstrip at 10G and above

thanks