[SI-LIST] Difference betweem single stripline & dual stripline

  • From: Bob Patel <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si_list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:19:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!
Is there a difference in terms of electrical
parameters i.e. say loss, etc when using single
symmetric stripline layer and dual stripline layer.
I guess I am asking beside the cost & geometry is
there a harm if I use dual stripline layer over single
stripline layer where adding more routing layer is
necessary for me.
I ran cases to look at differences if I route edge
coupled differential traces on single symmetric
stripline or if I use dual stripline. I did not any
difference at least in loss or impedance etc.
Any input is appreciated.
THanks
Bob

List archives are viewable at: