[SI-LIST] Diff Z-One port

  • From: timoceous <timoceous@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:55:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Craig,

     My E-mail got sent out too quick so I wasn't able
to finish what I was saying.  The element has three
ports:
         -----
---> 1 -|     | --> 2
         -----

           3

     With port 3 as global ground.  I have used the
.NET and using Z11(i) and etc. to try to calculate
the Leq but got the wrong values.  I have also tried
to do what you have suggested which I used an AC
source
at port 1 and use a VCVS to mirror the same source
with
180 phase shift at port 2 and got the same wrong
result.

     I am curious if the .LIN with "port" sources in
the "Hspice" can do the trick.  From the .LIN and get
the S11,S12,S22,S21 etc and use it to transform it
to Z one port Leq.  Does any one know how to do that?
I am new to the "port" sources and every time I try
it, it failed to simulate.

Thanks,

Tim

List FAQ wiki page is located at: