[SI-LIST] Dielectric constant of silk screen ink

  • From: Matthew Severini <MSeverini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 12:24:06 -0600

Hello Experts,
I am working on a design that sends relatively high speed signals (10gbps) over
microstrip (I know not the best choice, but it is a short run, and would
require several design tradeoffs to run on an internal layer). It has been
brought to my attention that we need to put some labeling on the board, and the
only open area is right on top of these traces. I nixed the Idea of using a
paper label there, but then they asked what if we screened the label on the
board. I am not terribly excited about the idea, but as Eric loves to say you
have to put in the numbers before you can get an answer. So the question is,
does anyone know what the dielectric constant is of the ink that is used in
screen printing? Is there some other reason why this is a terrible idea?

Thanks for the help,

Matt Severini

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.  Any
unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,  please notify the sender
immediately and delete all copies of the message and its attachments.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: