[SI-LIST] Re: DesignCon presentations posted

  • From: Bill Dempsey <cadcocat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:14:49 -0800 (PST)

Istvan,
Ok, still absorbing a lot of great papers here... and
while doing so I seemed to have missed this one:
http://www.simberian.com/AppNotes/DesignCon2010_Paper2807.pdf
which elaborates a method "similar" to what I proposed.  I use the word
"similar" very loosely here. :)

In
that paper, the authors state "Conductor resistivity and RMS
measurements of roughness and roughness factor make it possible to
separate all metal losses with high confidence â?? it is impossible to
identify the dielectric properties without such separation in the
model"  You seem to indicate that this might be an issue (re:
cross-correlation).

So what do you (read:Sun) do with regards to
Dk/Df frequency dependence?    What about everyone else out there?
What's next?  Seems like Simbeor is addressing this in their tools --
anyone else?

...thinking...

Bill