[SI-LIST] Re: Derating values for DDR3-800/1066/1333/1600 tDS/tDH

  • From: mo han <hanmoggq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brian.p.moran@xxxxxxxxx, bbakshan@xxxxxxxxx, Paul.Callahan@xxxxxxxxxx, "hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hermann.ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:51:00 +0800

Hi all:
Thanks for all assistance.
I have another question,why the derating for tds/tdh increase when skew
rate of dqs gets lower?
I am simulating DQ/DQS timing of DDR3, in addition to ISI ,crosstalk,PI, Is
there other factors that I have to think about ? I measured the tDS/tDH by
the waveform of simulation,then compared with (tbase+skew rate derating) .
I am finding a simpler method now ,or could experienced people give me some
suggestions?
thanks
Mo Han

Mo-han
The derating tables are a composite of two functions. Baseline derating
is a function which increases
as slew rate decreases. This derating is only positive at slew rates of
less than 1V/ns, and is zero
everywhere else. The second function is calculated from a normalization
formula which
normalizes the setup and hold specs at the AC/DC threshold, for slew rates
other than 1V/ns,
which is the default used in establishing the setup and hold specs. In
this case higher slew rate
results in larger derating. When you combine the two functions you get a
composite curve which
is always zero at 1V/ns, and can be somewhat irregular below 1V/ns, but
above 1V/ns it always
increases with slew rate. Granted it does seem non-intuitive to penalize
margins due to higher slew
rates, but this is the technically correct result of the derating theory.
To some degree it does
relate to charge accumulation effects, as someone state earlier, but the
actual formula is
a simple equation. I forwarded a power-point document which explains
derating in more detail.

Brian Moran
Intel Corporation