[SI-LIST] Re: Definition of "crosstalk loss" ??

  • From: agathon <hreidmarkailen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 01:34:46 -0800

Yes, thanks, Scott and Richard.  I realized after posting my inquiry that
it's just like the other "losses" but not due to the victim
conductor-connected sources; rather, the aggressor.
But, Scott, the loss is in the f domain, so any "lining up" you mention is
purely an unrelated time domain issue.

The ieee 802.3ap Annex 69B pwr sum is defined there as:
PSFEXT = -10 log SUM (10^-[FEXTn(f)/10]) ,  a linear sum of Sdd32 for each
n, expressed in dB.  Ie, PS is sum then power.  n = aggressor index.

-Agathon

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: