[SI-LIST] Re: De-embed fixture

  • From: <J_Dong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Ming Li'" <swagguy09@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:26:13 -0400

Ming,

Assume your measured S parameters are Sa (for all) and Sf (fixture itself),
you can convert them to their individual ABCD matrices, say, Aa and Af. If
your DUT has abcd of Ax, then from: Aa = A1*Ax*A1 you can solve
Ax = A1^-1*Aa*A1^-1. After that, you can do an ABCD-to-S parameter convert.

If I remember correctly, I think those functions are called s2abcd.m and
abcd2s.m in matlab. You might need a little bit programming because the Snp
file has frequencies in it, and I am not sure if matlab will take care of it
automatically.

Good luck.

Junwei Dong