[SI-LIST] Re: Decoupling of digital power i PCB's, how do we avoid pole peaks in the impedance, how far up in frequency do we need low impedance

  • From: "Lars Juul" <write2larsj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:28:57 +0200

I guess the next question on everybody's mind (on mine, anyway) becomes:
What's the lead time and cost of a new interposer design for your specific
pinout plus added board analysis services grasciously provided by various
high speed consulting companies who built your interposer?

As you need to make a call between that and doing a couple of your own
prototypes, with cleverly placed probe points and decoupling options,
building your own knowledge base and design rules for the PCB process you
use.

Lars

2007/8/21, Julian Ferry <julian.ferry@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Scott McMorrow is presenting a webinar this Thursday on the interposer
> approach that Steve mentioned.
>
> For anyone interested, there is still time to sign up.
>
> Samtec's PowerPoser(tm) Interposers Webinar is scheduled for Thursday,
> August 23, 2007 at 11:00 AM EST.
>
> Register at:
>
> http://www.connectorwizard.com/Webinars.aspx
>

> Julian Ferry