[SI-LIST] Re: Decoupling capacitors

  • From: Michael_Greim@xxxxxxxx
  • To: Alexander.Shapira@xxxxxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:19:57 -0500

On a non dissimilar tangent, I was generating
a historical piece on the evolution of decoupling
and ran into a memory hole that I was hoping
that you could help me with.  Back in the mid
80s when we still had dips with power pins on the
corners, there was a flat capacitor that would
fit under the chips and whose leads would fit into
the same holes as the dip power pins, making contact.
I used these all the time, but for the life of me
can't remember what they were called.  Does anyone
remember this ancient technology and what it was
called?  Thanks for the help.  Vintage engineers,
where are you???  Any other interesting stories or
technology from the dark ages would be much appre
ciated.

List archives are viewable at: