[SI-LIST] Decoupling capacitor placement

  • From: Christopher.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:24:45 -0400

Hello,
I am looking to add more decoupling to a high pin count BGA and due to
routing
constraints I am unable to get as close as I would like to the device.
Does anyone
have any experience with making one land pad and then soldering a couple
caps
on top of each other to the one land area?  Say something like a 0603
.01uf on top of
another 0603 .001uf.  I see this as an easy way to get close to the device
as well as reduce
lead and via inductance.  Have I missed something electrically fundamental
or are
there production level assembly issues with this method?

Thanks,
Chris

List archives are viewable at: