[SI-LIST] Re: De-coupling capacitor

  • From: "Gupta, Anurag x4500" <agupta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Larry.Smith@xxxxxxx'" <Larry.Smith@xxxxxxx>,pradeepa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ruston_matt@xxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:49:51 -0800

Hi All,

0.1uF 63V used to be a standard value in the European Catalogs; I have not
used one in the US in a long time

Probably Pradeep was using one of those in India.

As far a Shorting of a ceramic cap is concerned I have seen this happen on
physically large ceramic Caps
Sizes 2225, 1812( Used frequently in Telecom Circuits) etc
if manufacturer's -  layout, assembly or rework instructions were not
followed.
..... but never on  small sizes 0805, 0603

Pradeep - having worked in India and being aware of the constrains under
which the engineers work
 - are you certain the cap was not from a "grey" market source ( ....like  a
SJP Road outlet - in Bangalore)

Anurag Gupta