[SI-LIST] Re: Damped voltage oscillation

  • From: "istvan novak" <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ueda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "silists" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 20:19:36 -0400

Hi,

There were many publications on the subject.  Here are a few:

- Gang Ji, Tawfik Arabi, Greg Taylor, Mark Beiley, "A Design Methodology for
The I/O Power Supply of Next Generation Packaging," Proceedings of EPEP2002,
October 21-23, 2002, Monterey, CA,  pp.253-256

- Om P. Mandhana, "Analysis and Design of Critically Damped Power
Distribution Network for High Performance Microprocessor Systems,"
Proceedings of EPEP2002, October 21-23, 2002, Monterey, CA, pp.183-186

- St.Cyr, Novak, Biunno, Howard, "ARIES: Using Annular-Ring Embedded
Resistors to Set Capacitor ESR in Power Distribution Networks", EPEP2001,
Cambridge, MA, October 2001

- Shohei Fujio, Hideki Kabayama, Akihisa Sakurai, "Analysis on the Power /
Ground Plane Resonance Damping and Radiated Field Reduction with the RC
Termination" Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE EMC Symposium, August 13-17, 2001,
Montreal, Canada

- A. Waizman and Chee-Yee Chung, "Package Capacitors Impact on
Microprocessor Maximum Operating Frequency," Proceedings of the 51st
Electronic Components and Technology Conference, May 29 - june 1, 2001,
Orlando, FL

- Novak, "Reducing Simultaneous Switching Noise and EMI on Ground/Power
Planes by Dissipative Edge Termination," IEEE Transactions on Advanced
Packaging, August 1999, Volume 22, Number 03, p.274

Items 3 and 6 are available online.  Let me know if you need the pointer, or
if you need more details on them.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
SUN Microsystems