[SI-LIST] DDR-II: SSTL_18 & ODT

  • From: Bret Stott <bstott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:35:11 -0700

Hi SI-gurus,

I am a new member of this list and I have a few questions about DDR-II that I
was hoping someone could help me out with.  Currently, I don't have access to
JEDEC so most of my information is from alternate sources such as the Samsung
DDR-II spec.

o Can anyone point me at a SSTL_18 specification?

o Can someone help me understand the on-die-termination strategy for DDR-II?
Why are the values 75 & 150 Ohms?  What electrical topology is being assumed?

o My initial analysis suggests that it is possible to use class I drivers for
the address bus (5 load) and also for a point-to-point data bus.  The data bus
may require some non-standard termination values though.  Does anyone have any
information that supports of refutes this?

Thanks in advance,
-Bret

List archives are viewable at: