[SI-LIST] Re: DDR-II

  • From: "Douglas Burns" <dburns@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <npk_0@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <kalevi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:30:38 -0500

Prakash,

 Designing DDRII interfaces is a complex task. Not only do you have issues
with ODT settings, but memory setup and hold times need to be derated by
signal slew rates. SiSoft presented a paper with Micron on DDRII
implementation at Designcon and we also did a tech-forum at PCBWest. The
paper can be found www.sisoft.com/papers.asp . As pointed out earlier, the
issue is not the total number of simulations (though this can be large), but
ensuring that you have set up all of the proper combinations to get the
needed coverage. There is no shortcut for this. Take a look at the paper and
let me know if you have any questions.

 Doug