[SI-LIST] Re: DDRAM BUS Testing

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jim Antonellis" <janton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<LSMITH@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<mrose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Edi.Fraiman@xxxxxxxxxx>,"'Vinu Arumugham'" <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 21:05:34 -0700

Jim, S. M. Electronics sells 5kHz-23GHz 100V DC blocks that are great
for most PDN work for about $50. a pop, SD3238, SD3238B.  Those let
you pretty much see everything accurately except low frequency
resonances between the regulator control loop and the bulk caps.

Thanks for the report.  It was interesting.  When you look at the
measured noise sensitivity versus capacitor count in the various
tested configurations, it speaks strongly to being interconnect
inductance limited.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at: