[SI-LIST] Re: DDR3 routing Topology selection

  • From: Doltbird1972 <doltbird1972@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vinod.kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Hermann Ruckerbauer'" <Hermann.Ruckerbauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:31:17 +0800

Whether you need to calibrate the write leveling depends how much the timing
delay mismatch among your Address signals.
1. If the timing mismatch is within your controller's specification, then
just forget it;
2. if it is out of the specification, you may choose a) do write leveling b)
compensate the delay by tuning the timing delay in Data signals(tricky).

Regards!

ShaoPeng
IEEE Member, Senior SI Consultant and PCB Engineer