[SI-LIST] Re: DDR3 Vref and Vtt plane

  • From: Chockalingam Selvaraj <chockalingam.s@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Alfred Lee <alfred1520list@xxxxxxxxx>, "deepaksiengg@xxxxxxxxx" <deepaksiengg@xxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 15:00:09 +0530

Hi Deepak,

I agree with Lee: Vref is supposed to track the variations in the 1.5V plane
feeding the DDR3 circuits.
Hence, having a R-divider close to the Vref pin will help.

If you are having 3 separate supplies for the 3 circuits, then Vref has to be
from the corresponding 1.5V

Usually Vref in VTT regulators have the R divider inbuilt, we can share this
Vref among the ICs provided the current drive on this pin is large enough for
all the devices. You cannot short Vref and Vtt.

By the way, what do you mean by robust results? Any particular issue in your
current board?

Thanks and regards
Chockalingam.S (Ck)

Thanks and regards