[SI-LIST] Re: DDR3 VTT Bypassing

  • From: Don Nelson <dhwn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: stefan.milnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 22:20:59 -0400

The JEDEC spec for referencing A/C to 1.5V relates to DIMMs only, AFAIK. The
A/C signals on the edge connector are nearest the 1.5V fingers and the A/C
traces are referenced to 1.5V planes on the DIMM PCB.
As for VTT, I'm not familiar with the advice of decoupling to Vdd rather than
to GND, but if the PDN has a low enough impedance across the relevant
frequencies, I'm not sure it will matter. I'd love to be enlightened, though.

--
Don Nelson

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: