[SI-LIST] DDR3 VTT Accuracy Requirements

  • From: Hirshtal Itzhak <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:48:35 +0200

Hello,

I've noticed lately that VTT specification for the DDR3 SDRAM devices is
not defined as was VTT for DDR2 devices.

For the DDR2 devices it was required to be no further than 40mV from
VREF.

In the DDR3 spec this requirement has been removed and instead a note
says that the MIN & MAX values for this supply are system dependent.

What system considerations are to be applied for VTT tolerance? The only
thing that comes to my mind is the timing of the ADR/CMD signals. Would
simulations with the "skewed" VTT be enough to evaluate the impact of
certain VTT in-accuracies? Can I assume (as a 1st degree assumption)
that the in-accuracy of VTT will be directly reflected in the threshold
levels of the device?

And are there other considerations to be taken?

Thanks in advance

Itzhak Hirshtal

 The information contained in this communication is proprietary to Israel
Aerospace Industries Ltd., ELTA Systems Ltd.
and/or third parties, may contain classified or privileged information, and is
intended only for
the use of the intended addressee thereof. If you are not the intended
addressee, please be aware
that any use, disclosure, distribution and/or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.
If you receive this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete it from
your computer. Thank you.

This message is processed by the PrivaWall Email Security Server.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: