[SI-LIST] Re: DDR3 - Undershoot Area and Vss

  • From: "Orin Laney" <olaney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vkasriram@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 08:28:28 -0800

1- No.  VSS is the reference for the measurement, therefore assumed as 0
volts.
2- Volts times nanoseconds should not exceed the limit, e.g. 0.4V for 1
nanosecond and 0.8V for 1/2 nanosecond are both at the limit.  Typically
though, max undershoot should be kept below one diode drop as a matter of
good practice.